November 29, 2011

It's the simple things in life... Pirates?


AT SEA 

Today was an extremely hectic day at work…and at sea. I am working in Food and Beverage Administratio right now, and basically it’s the job where you manage everybody and everything. I like it a lot, and enjoy being really busy all the time, but today, was just crazy! Nothing went as planned and on top of that it was really rough so even when you got to sit/stand still, you were still moving lol.
By the time I got to my break...I only had 2 horus before I had to be back for the evening shift…but the great thing (for me) about living on a ship is that we are always completely surrounded by water. I opted to take my short nap outside on the crew sundeck in the breeze and fresh air. As I was lying there, not sleeping of course, I decided to sit at the front and just watch the ocean…a few minutes in, I saw what I first jumped to think “sharks!” haha…obviously they weren’t sharks because they were jumping high out of the water, but they were a huge family of dolphins, about 15 of them racing with the boat. It was amazing…they were playing in the wake, and with each other swimming under the bow of the boat. After that moment, today became the say I saw wild dolphins…instead of the day I worked 13 hours J oh the simple things
Even though the sea days aren’t the greatest…it gives the crew time to hang out on the sun deck…with our harmed gunman of course J
Entering the Suez canal





Pirates?
On our journey from Haifa, Israel to Victoria, Mahe, Seychelles… we are under 24/7 pirate watch as we are crossing the Suez Canal, Red sea and The Gulf of Aden to get into the Indian Ocean. The ship is under high security with special officers onboard specifically armed with weapons and other ‘pirate fighting’ items. It’s actually kind of fun you know…living under pirate watch. We had a huge meeting with all the crew going over what to do if an attack happens…what to look for, etc etc and of course not to try to take pictures when we’re under attack-apparently people do that, I would probably be one of them lol. They say it’s unlikely, which it is probably is…but hey, the unlikely can happen. They even created dummies all around the ship to ward off any oncoming vessels as you can see below in this picture…




Beautiful sunset over the Red Sea 

No comments:

Post a Comment