November 29, 2011

Seychelles FINALLY


Arriving into Seychelles
I now know how the guy in castaway must have felt when he got stuck on that island…except I got stuck on a ship! Sailing was nice for a few days-but then when you start to feel sick from all the recycled air along with the constant motion from wind and rough waters, it’s not so glorious anymore. The dolphins held me over for a little bit-but they started to wear off the last few days.
Finally, we arrive on the main island in Seychelles Mahe. It’s a country of about 80,000 with 115 different islands-also the home of the new royal couples honeymoon J  Apparently there was a shark attack here a few months back- a great white that killed a honeymooning couple, so now all of a sudden everyone thinks they will get attacked by a shark I find that interesting…when there is a car crash, people don’t stop driving around? Anyways…needless to say, of course I still planned to go swimming.
As soon as we get in people start leaving the ship in packs… I’m itching to go but have to wait for my break at 14:00. Finally, I get outside-on land, that isn’t moving! We took a walk into town, nothing special-just took in the scenary. It reminds me a lot of home-of downtown Nassau, the people, the smells, the churchs, the traffic, the back yard bbq’s. It’s nice-also I blend in a little more-except for the fact that I don’t speak Creole.


A night out in Seychelles...my roommate from Austria Vera & I 

No comments:

Post a Comment