November 16, 2011


I worked most of the day today in order to get the night off to go to dinner with 2 of the former interns now working on the ship. I got off around 4 and decided to go to the local bazaar here to do some last minute shopping before leaving Turkey. Most of the other crew and interns had already left the ship because they got off a lot earlier than me…so I ventured out alone. This bazaar is like most others…full of little shops, some nicer than others…all the shop owners trying to talk you into walking into theirs. I wander around a bit, stopping here and there, asking for a few prices to get my bearings on what I’m dealing with…

My first purchase is a silk scarf, I was originally wanting to get a coralish one….but of course I ended up with more of a blue/aqua scarf (Dr. D always teases me about my obsession with the Bahamian blue) it’s beautiful…supposedly hand made and stitched so there is only one with this specific design-I took that with a grain of salt, for all I know it was made in china LOL. Anyways…I move on, happy with my scarf which I put on right away J my next job and only job is to find some more comfortable shoes to work in because the ones I had were extremely uncomfortable and hurting my back!

After a few more unplanned purchases (delicious Turkish delights, ceramic plate and the like) I finally buy some shoes…only to find a beautiful leather jacket shop around the corner! I was lured by the cute salesman on the corner of course… walk in (mind you, I’ve never owned a leather jacket before) the very first one I try I fall in love with it only to find out that he wanted to sell is for $1000 LOL… you can imagine, I laughed & walked out the shop, but as always, they come running. So I went back in, because I really loved the jacket… after about an hour of trying on other cheaper jackets, I find none that compare… in the end, I got it for $250 which was still about 150 more than I wanted to spend haha, but I guess I don’t really know how much leather costs..anyways, I’m really happy I bought it, It gave me the boost I needed…we’ll just call it an early birthday gift ;)



PIC OF ME WITH THE LEATHER GUY 

1 comment: