December 10, 2011

Happy Birthday :)


12-2-11

So I mentioned the my people thing… and it’s weird, a month ago I was crying about you guys…and in about another month I may be shedding a few more tears as I leave-who woulda thought? Just a short story about how much a simple thing can change your whole day and outlook on an experience…
The crew mess-where we eat everyday is run by the extremely chipper, singing and kind Manny from the Philippines. Since the very first day I arrived, he’s known me by name and told me to smile every time I walked by (which by the way-is an automatic mood changer) we quickly became friends and now I look forward to going to the crew mess just to see him smiling, or singing…he sings a lot too and is pretty good, that always brightens my day. Not only does he sing, but he finds me bananas and yogurt from a secret hiding space in the back because he knows how much I love them! The night before my birthday, I walked into the mess around 10 after work and he reminded me that I would be 21 in a few hours (I had actually forgotten that my birthday was the next day-but I did remember that I was 23 and NOT 21-I am so much more mature than 21 haha)…I corrected him with the fact that I am turning 24! But anyways…we talked a little, and out of no where he pulls a bottle of 2003 Shiraz and hands it to me as my present. I forgot my birthday was even coming up and someone had the heart to give me a present… this just made me really happy, so I thought I’d share-happy birthday to me …and to Levar, my birthday buddy J

1 comment:

  1. are you saying that 21 year olds are immature?! haha :) love you

    ReplyDelete