November 16, 2011

Tuesday Nov. 8th – Some insight



Work was much better today… I still miss you guys, but I’m trying to stay in the moment…whatever that moment is. I really want to come away from this experience understanding the inns and outs of the hospitality industry…knowing what I hate, and what I love-but having an appreciation and experience doing the grueling work that goes on in hospitality operations. And honestly, I think this experience will be good for me, I’m realizing now how spoiled I’ve been, pretty much my entire life. I’ve never had to get a real job, I’ve always been “the swimmer”…all these wonderful swim meets, being pampered like kings and queens at SEC’s & NCAA’s… the Olympics etc etc. I’m not saying that I don’t know how to work hard…but I’ve been afforded a lot, and the things that I work hard at, I love those things…imagine having to work your ass off at something you hate? A lot of the people I work with on the ship are here for 8 months out of the year, away from their wives, young children & other family members. I can only imagine that this is out of need and not pure desire for ship life. Just something I thought I’d share…and to think, I used to get upset over swim practices! 

No comments:

Post a Comment