November 16, 2011

Nov 9th & 10th –AT SEA



Today was the first day at sea… no land, anywhere, just work and my cubby hole to catch up on some sleep & school work. School has been a struggle, for some reason I thought I’d be doing all this great work on my thesis and swim to empower, and every other goal I have up my sleeve…nope, not really. I’m struggling just to keep up with the class I’m taking! I know I will get the work done… I always do, maybe not in the nice steady timeline I created for myself-but who EVER follows a time line? I mean, I grew up swimming at Bahamas nationals-we don’t even know what time line means. So, I’m not stressing... *one thing at a time*
Tonight we had a big Israeli dinner to prepare for our arrival to Haifa. It was set up on an extremely long family style table.
One more night at sea before arriving in Hafia tomorrow morning…work gets better everyday, I’m getting to know the residents more and feeling more comfortable in my positions, that would be great, except that I’m moving to F&B admin tomorrow! I’m excited though, I’ll be getting to work with a former intern, and Auburn grad (war eagle!), who is now the F&B administrator on the ship. During our stay in Haifa all the crew have a chance to go on a day trip to Jerusalem, I am going on the 11th and am really excited! More pics later… 

No comments:

Post a Comment